[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.538,1.539

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Feb 10 00:19:53 CET 2004

Michael Niedermayer writes:
 > yes, i agree too, the issue with quicktime is either fixed already, or it
 > should be dealt with in a different way like writing the user data somewhere
 > else, yes i hate the idea too that we waste time to workaround buggy decoders
 > but having to deal with files which dont contain the encoder version is far
 > worse

I've come to the conclusion that we should not advertise the QT issue
at all.  If people want to use it to work around QT bugs fine, but
that is their problem.

Here's another try:

bit_exact
  Use only bit exact algorithms (except (i)dct).
  Additionally bit_exact disables several optimizations and thus
  should only be used for regression tests, which need binary
  identical files even if the encoder version changes.
  This also suppresses the user_data header in MPEG-4 streams.
  Do not use this option unless you know exactly what you are doing.