[MPlayer-DOCS] mphq search works again! please fix links.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Feb 1 15:12:04 CET 2004

Hi,

I've given up fixing htdig, it's broken to hell... (and bloated too)
The swish-e.org engine seems to work much better, it indexes files
instead of urls via http, so doesnt load mphq to hell and is much
faster.
i've configured 2 indexes, one for docs and one for mailing lists.
combining them can be done, but is difficult due to structure differences
(lists are indexed by list, docs by language, etc)

http://mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/s-docs.cgi  - search docs

please add/update 'search' links at homepage and docs.

for docs, you can limit searches to language, for archives to list name.
it understands multiple word 'foo bar' seraches, and wildcards 'work*' too.
you can also use 'or' 'and' etc to tell t engine what relation you want in
the listed keywords. see www.swish-e.org for details.

about codepages/accents: it doesn't like non-us charsets too much, but
by manually adding character codes to config it indexes at least 8 bit chars.
i've added hungarian chars, but i have no idea what the other languages
have. please write every possible non-us chars (both cases) to a .txt file
(using 8-bit encoding, not utf8!) and send me base64 encoded or upload to
mphq ftp, so i can add them.
it's important for non-en/non-hu languages we have docs in.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu