[MPlayer-DOCS] 0.92

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Thu Dec 16 08:49:33 CET 2004

Hi,

Attila Kinali wrote:

> As now 0.92 is considered obsolete and most likely contains security
> holes, could you please remove it from the website ?

I'm not sure to understand what is the purpose of doing this (other than
making clear that 0.92 is an old dude that we don't want to hear about)...
There still hasn't been a "normal" 1.0 release (just "-pre" ones), so it
looks to me that tagging the upcoming "-pre6" to a "-rc" and then 1.0
should be done beforehand. Am I wrong about this?

Plus, removing old releases IMHO is quite a bummer as some people might
want to hack some old releases for X or Y reasons of their own (one
could be that the codebase beeing smaller, it could be easier to figure
out, but that's a pure guess).

Regards,