[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/de mplayer.1,1.50,1.51

Sebastian Krämer mail at skraemer.de
Tue Aug 31 02:53:38 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 31 August 2004 02:00, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > +.I ANMERKUNG:
> > +Diese Option ist veraltet, da MPlayer nun OpenDML unterstützt.
>
> I think I'd translate obsolete as "obsolet".

Hm.. Until now, there isn't a single translation obsolete->obsolet yet:
> $ cat DOCS/man/de/mplayer.1|grep -i obsolet
> (nothing)
> $ cat DOCS/man/de/mplayer.1|grep -i veraltet
> Diese Option ist veraltet, da MPlayer nun OpenDML unterstützt.
> .B \-abs <Wert> (nur bei \-ao oss) (VERALTET)
> .B alsa1x (VERALTET)
> .B alsa9 (VERALTET)
> .B \-fb <Gerät> (nur bei \-vo fbdev oder directfb) (VERALTET)
> .B \-fsmode-dontuse <0\-31> (VERALTET) (benutze \-fs)
> Wird als veraltet betrachtet.

Sure, I see a difference in the meaning of 'obsolet' and 'veraltet' and now I
think the first one is the better because it does contain more meaning
(doesn't it?). But we should change it at the other places as well. I'll
think about that another time. It's late ;)

> > -Muß gleich oder größer 1 sein (Standard: 1000).
> > +Muß größer oder gleich 1 sein (Standard: 1000).
>
> Heh, old or new spelling rules?

Böh..Hunt me down on that. I'm no friend of the new rules so false spellings
can occur with that. I didn't really learn the rules for new spelling.
But I don't see what should be wrong with it seen from the 'old' point of
view.. Btw, you yourself had this idea:
> > +Muß gleich oder größer 1 sein (Standard: 1000).
>
> Ich würde sagen "größer oder gleich".

I think it's okay that way. But it reminds me that I thought before of
deciding/checking the manpage for one spelling, what do you think? Mixing
confuses and frightenes us :-)

Sebastian