[MPlayer-DOCS] [French manpage] More sync and grammar stuff

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Aug 26 11:42:29 CEST 2004

Guillaume POIRIER writes:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > Guillaume POIRIER writes:
> >
> >>PS: Diego, I still don't have CVS write access, so feel free to commit
> >>it if you want.
> >

> > You should have it soon, so I'd say commit this yourself as soon as
> > you can.  Please also add your name to DOCS/tech/maintainers then.
> I received, and applied my patch. I just hope I did it right. Please let
> me know if I did something wrong, as I'd hate to get banned.
> I still welcome any feedback. ;-)

Everything was done as it should be.

Please don't forget to add yourself to DOCS/tech/maintainers.

> I have a question though about the maintenance of the docs:
> Since, as far as I understood, I'm now officially a maintainer of the
> French man page, do I/should I still post my patch before committing my
> patch if it's against the French man page only?

No need to.  You're the boss of the French man page now.

> Now, if I have a patch against the English manpage that just adds new
> options (say, new XviD options), do I/should I post it here beforehand.
> My first guess is that, not being the maintainer of the English manpage,
> I HAVE to post my patch here, and eventually commit it if you or regular
> english maintained asks me to.
> Please tell me if I'm wrong here.

Yes, please post patches for things you do not maintain before
committing them.  If it's just a trivial small change (typo, missing
backslash, build fix, etc) feel free to commit it directly.