[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.669,1.670

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Aug 25 20:17:15 CEST 2004

Torinthiel writes:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 07:09:45PM +0200, Diego Biurrun CVS wrote:
> > -Matrox G400/G450/G550 specific output driver that uses the DirectFB library.
> > +Matrox G400/G450/G550 specific video output driver that uses the
>
> What are the rules on using '/' like this? Shouldn't it be '/\:'?

Yes, we should settle on one form or the other.  \: creates a
"breakpoint" without hyphenation, so that

a really long line without any sense where at the end we can find little/nothing

might become

a really long line without any sense where at the end we can find little/-
nothing

whereas

a really long line without any sense where at the end we can find little/\:nothing

might become

a really long line without any sense where at the end we can find little/
nothing

So yes, it would make sense to add \: in most places.  I'm feeling
somewhat lazy, though, so somebody else grab for his emacs macros ;-)