[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.648,1.649

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Aug 15 18:08:41 CEST 2004

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> The Wanderer writes:
>
>> Diego Biurrun wrote:

>>> How did it go?
>>
>> As far as I could tell... the first part I couldn't tell, the
>> interviewer was the type of Hispanic whom I find almost unreadable.
>> The second part, however, seemed to go fairly well, and they tell
>> me I'll know one way or another by early in the week (possibly even
>> Monday).
>>
>> I used my activity, such as it is, on these lists as part of my
>> credentials... I was pleased to note that one of the people, at
>> least, did appear to have heard of MPlayer. <grin>
>
> :-)
>
> Hmm, what kind of job did you apply for, btw?

A "Co-Op" position with the local board of education - my brother has
one just like it, and discovered that due to an administrative screw-up
there's a lot of work which was supposed to be done over the summer
which got missed, and now with college starting they're about to lose at
least two-thirds of their workforce. So it's an opening.

The actual job description is basically help=desk troubleshooting work
for school-system computers, which are almost exclusively Windows XP;
there's some hardware work (installations, upgrades, repairs and the
like) involved, as well, but most of it is "this person is having a
problem, go fix it". Or so the interviewers (and said brother) claim.

It's not much, but it's computer-related, it's less gruntwork than what
I do now, and despite the lower hourly wage the annual pay is somewhere
between two and six times what I'm getting now - so I'm hoping for it.

(An amusing thing is that my brother, having been on the job four
months, is currently redesigning their help-desk database system from
the ground up... mostly because he saw how it was being done before,
said "This is just terrible", and showed one boss the basics of a better
way to do it.)

side of it.