[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/xml/pl mail-lists.xml,1.3,1.4

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Nov 16 04:11:07 CET 2003

On Sunday, 16 November 2003 at 04:03, Torinthiel wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 03:40:15AM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > On Sunday, 16 November 2003 at 03:08, Torinthiel wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > No, no, no. Mail list is something different than Usenet. I don't like
> > > the term 'listy mailingowe' but 'listy dyskusyjne' has another meaning.
> >
> > Yes, yes, yes. I know perfectly well that mailing lists are something
> > different from Usenet (why did you mention Usenet here?). What other
> > meaning of "lista dyskusyjna" is there? MPlayer's lists are exactly that.
>
> Well, to me 'lista dyskusyjna' and 'grupa dyskusyjna' is the same.

Is it? How odd. I've never seen newsgroups being called "listy dyskusyjne".
They've always been "grupy dyskusyjne". Wheras mailing lists have always
been "listy dyskusyjne". I would think the distinction is clear enough.

> I think I have this from win*. And it is the thing you read using i.e.
> slrn.

See for example http://www.newsgate.pl/archiwum.shtml . There's a clear
distinction between the two. I hope you agree?

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/