[MPlayer-DOCS] HTML docs

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Nov 4 20:13:11 CET 2003

Arpi writes:
 > > What do you say?
 >
 > i'm against of html removal until there is complete xml version ready.
 > anyway things happen in opposite than you said above, we keep very
 > old, obsoleted docs in cvs, but left them out from releases.
 > (while you said: remove from CVS, but include in releases, which
 > is imho total nonsence)

Those docs were just old, these are old + obsolete, which is a
difference.  IMHO we should not keep outdated docs eternally and
should release only up to date docs. But OK, we can keep them in CVS
for some time still.

 > > we can keep them on the web page or even add them to the release
 > > tarball, but since they are not updated at all there is no use keeping
 > > them in CVS IMHO.
 >
 > WHY to renmove from CVS? it does not eat your food, so it doesnt
 > hurt anyone there. CVS is to store files. and those are files.

No, Arpi, you have to take into account that there is a Hungryarian
translation amongst them!  I let two of those beasts roam around my
house once and in a blink of the eye there was no food left!  You
better watch those critters sharply, I know what I'm talking about.

;)