[MPlayer-dev-eng] Brightness broken

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Mon May 23 15:15:17 EEST 2022

Reimar Döffinger (12022-05-21):
> >  ffmpeg -lavfi testsrc2=s=1280x720:d=2 -c:v libx265 \
> >    -pix_fmt yuv420p10 -crf 18 -y /tmp/test.mkv

> Unfortunately I can't reproduce.
> This change makes no difference, in all cases, the behaviour is:
> - brightness works with -vo gl
> - works but looks different with -vo gl:yuv=0
> - does not work with -vo corevideo
>
> I guess it could be specific to Linux/graphics driver/support texture formats?

Did you test with the generated test video I suggested? The -pix_fmt
yuv420p10 is necessary to reproduce the issue, I should have insisted
more about it. I suspect the problem lies in the 10 bits → 8 bits
conversion.

It is a Debian testing with an Intel graphics controller:

OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (IVB GT2)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.2 (Core Profile) Mesa 21.3.8
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.20
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile

Still not much time to investigate myself.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George