[MPlayer-dev-eng] Brightness broken

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sun May 15 22:14:46 EEST 2022

Hi.

I have videos for which FFmpeg commit 5f3a160b42 broke setting the
brightness (using vo_gl).

Steps to reproduce:

- Create a test video:

  ffmpeg -lavfi testsrc2=s=1280x720:d=2 -c:v libx265 \
    -pix_fmt yuv420p10 -crf 18 -y /tmp/test.mkv

- Build mplayer.

- Run mplayer on the test video with exaggerated brightness:

  ./mplayer -brightness 80 /tmp/test.mkv

- Change libswscale/utils.c:1039 to "return -1" (lightweight revert
  5f3a160b42), build and re-test.

Observed result: the -brightness option is ignored without the revert.

This is annoying, but I am short on time to find a fix immediately,
hence my posting here in case somebody wants to investigate.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George