[MPlayer-dev-eng] [MPlayer-users] [feature request] subtitles in separate window or console

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sun Feb 27 13:13:15 EET 2022

On 2022-02-27 10:42 +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> > On 1 Feb 2022, at 18:49, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:
> >
> > Reimar Döffinger (12022-02-01):
> >> But it seem a very special feature to add an option or something for it really...
> >
> > I agree.
> >
> > On the other hand, an option to send the subtitles to -identify output
> > would rather make sense I thin, and it would allow to implement the
> > feature easily.
>
> Patch to just always send subtitle text to -identify, without extra option.
> Does that seem reasonable?

Seems reasonable to me.

Nit: Would be good if you would name your temporary variable *text*
as the member of the struct is named.

Other than that it might be better to rename the Identify-Name to
<...>_LINE<index> if that better describes what we get at this point.

Having that said, it would be nice if Nicolas or the OP could comment
as I don't have a use case as described at hand currently.

  Alexander