[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer 1.4.0 release

sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 16:17:31 EEST 2019

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 01:31:39AM +0200, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> P.S.
> Now it's time to work on the next release :)

my 2c:
	- git repo, because svn is excessively kludgy (it's a real pain to
	  build with its deps, actually it's so painful, I don't have svn on my
	  custom distro, I use svn snapshots)
	- vulkan video output (without those horrible GLSL shader -> VULKAN
	  shaders c++ brain f*cked translators)
	- write an explicit note that mplayer will never use a kludgy SDK (GNU
	  autotools, python3 meson, python2 scon, lua something, ruby thingy,
	  javascript based web2 DOM chrome super build system, etc)
	- use only external ffmpeg archives to build mplayer
	- maybe eat the bullet:
		- drop mencoder for good
		- use only ffmpeg for demuxing/decoding
	- get a massive amount of time and motivation to code/cleanup all that,
	  meh ;-)
--
Sylvain