[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer 1.4.0 release

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Sun Apr 14 00:03:36 EEST 2019

Hi,

On 4/10/19 00:12, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> On 2019-04-09 22:55 +0200, Erik Auerswald wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 01:03:20AM +0200, Alexander Strasser wrote:
>>> On 2019-04-06 23:28 +0200, Erik Auerswald wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> [...]
>>> I suspect a debugging modification sneaked in. [...]
>> I have just tested this,
>
>    Thanks for testing!
>
>> it does improve the situation, but it is not
>> yet completely correct.
>
>    What do you mean by "not yet completely correct"?

That some black bars appeared where there were none before, but that not
the whole area that needs them is covered by the black bars. The black
bars do not extend far enough.

>> [...]
>> The problem seems to primarily occur when the MPlayer window aspect
>> changes.

On the Ubuntu 18.04 system with external monitor in addition to the
built-in screen, the external monitor is 16:10, the built-in 16:9.
It seems to me the windows aspect ratio is not always updated
completely, i.e., not for drawing black bars when using vo xv.

>> [...]
>    Seems like a (partially) different problem then. Unfortunately I
> can't invest more time into this. So if no one else finds out before,
> it will not be fixed in the release.

Thanks for looking into this!

Erik