[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer 1.4.0 release

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Wed Apr 3 22:25:12 EEST 2019

Hi,

On 4/3/19 13:22, Erik Auerswald wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 09:34:15AM +0200, Erik Auerswald wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, I plan to somehow have release 1.4.0 ready on 15th of April.

>>> Of course that's right.
>>>
>>> I would appreciate some help, like compiling and testing latest
>>> SVN version on different operating systems (maybe with multiple
>>> compilers).
>>
>> FWIW I have just updated my SVN checkout to the latest revision, started
>> configure (which updated the ffmpeg git repo) and compiled MPlayer
>> successfully on an up-to-date Ubuntu 18.04 system. I then tested one
>> random video which played fine.
>>
>> I have used the distribution compiler, gcc 7.3.0.
>
> After installing some development libraries it builds video-outs of xv
> and gl. On this system, -vo xv does not work correctly in fullscreen,
> because it does not draw the black bars, except the top one (left &
> right, or bottom one are missing). Thos wirks fine with -vo gl.
>
> This does not happen with the Ubuntu MPlayer package:
> MPlayer 1.3.0 (Debian), built with gcc-7 (C) 2000-2016 MPlayer Team
> Here both -vo xv and -vo gl produce black borders as needed.
>
> Since I have not used a self-compiled MPlayer on that system before,
> I cannot say if this is a recent problem or not.  I intend to test
> the current SVN version of MPlayer on another system where I have used
> self-compiled MPlayer exclusively, soon.

Testing on my older notebook still running Ubuntu 14.04 I do not see
the same problems with -vo xv, but similar one when changing the
window size (but not in fullscreen mode). I think I have seen this
for quite some time, so it is not really recent. It might be newer than
MPlayer 1.3.0. Those problems do not occur with -vo gl.

Compiler version on that system is:
gcc (Ubuntu 4.9.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.1) 4.9.4

I have tested a more or less random selection of video files and a DVD
without issues (except the -vo xv issue mentioned above, of course).

Thanks,
Erik