[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer 1.4.0 release

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Wed Apr 3 10:34:15 EEST 2019

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 10:29:17PM +0200, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> On 2019-02-15 19:56 +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> > are there any plans for a new release?
>
> Yes, I plan to somehow have release 1.4.0 ready on 15th of April.

:-)

> > After 3(!) years since 1.3.0 it's about time.
>
> Of course that's right.
>
> I would appreciate some help, like compiling and testing latest
> SVN version on different operating systems (maybe with multiple
> compilers).

FWIW I have just updated my SVN checkout to the latest revision, started
configure (which updated the ffmpeg git repo) and compiled MPlayer
successfully on an up-to-date Ubuntu 18.04 system. I then tested one
random video which played fine.

I have used the distribution compiler, gcc 7.3.0.

As is traditional with MPLayer, the compiler emits tons of warnings... :-(

Thanks,
Erik
--
There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies and the other way