[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fix crashes when pthread_create fails

Zhouyang Jia jiazhouyang09 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 16:17:43 EET 2018

Hi,

I'm a PhD student. I analyzed the mplayer source code and found
pthread_create missing error handling in several places, which may
cause bad results like crash.

I think it's unsafe to assume the library function would be correct.
It would be better if we could handle the error properly.

Attached please find the patch against the trunk version. Hopefully, it can
solve these potential bugs. Best, Zhouyang