[MPlayer-dev-eng] communicating to mplayer via the dbus mediaplayer2 interface

Enrico Guiraud enrico.guiraud at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 10:58:14 EET 2017

Hello all,
I use mplayer daily as audio player -- thank you for your work!

I also use other applications that would like to communicate to my audio
player
via dbus, specifically using the MediaPlayer2
<https://specifications.freedesktop.org/mpris-spec/latest/Media_Player.html>
interface specification.
So I'm about to set off to write a small python wrapper for mplayer that
makes it compatible with this interface.

My question is whether this is something that has already been done by
someone somewhere or whether there are intrinsic limitations or fundamental
reasons why I should not do this.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you might provide!
Enrico