[MPlayer-dev-eng] Support for xxpc chunks in AVI

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Mar 8 20:28:02 CET 2016

On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 07:46:45AM +0100, Mats Peterson wrote:
> Since you've been so concerned about the whole xxpc chunk issue, Reimar,
> when will we actually see support for xxpc chunks in the AVI demuxer in
> MPlayer?

The only thing I am concerned about is that either things are
implemented properly, or if that's not considered worth it
it's a conscious decision and documented, at the very
least in FFmpeg.
I have no intention to add new features to our AVI demuxer.
Whether maybe FFmpeg's should be the default or if it's
easy enough to print a messages suggesting to use FFmpeg's
manually if such junks are encountered is a different
question though.