[MPlayer-dev-eng] Adding new codec to codecs.conf

Mark Sugrue mark at kinesensevca.com
Thu Jun 30 10:02:29 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on adding a new codec to mplayer. The codec is
for CCTV video (*.asf) and made by Quadrox Codec Pack WebCCTV (link -
http://www.webcctv.com/ftp/SoftwareTools/CodecsPack/QuadroxCodecsPackSetup-4.3.0.0.exe
)

The installer has two Dlls and I believe the OPJpegProc.dll is the one I
need. fourcc is JR24 (this codec is some type of mjpeg, but ffmpeg doesn't
play the files).

I followed the instructions here (
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/win32-codec-howto.txt) and here (
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/codecs.conf.txt)

Using GraphEdit, I got this data:

[image: Inline image 1]

I have added this to codecs.conf, but mplayer doesn't play the video so I
must have made an error:

videocodec qwtjr24
  info "Quadrox Jr24"
  status working
  driver DMO
  dll "OPJpegProc.dll"
  fourcc JR24
  guid 0x4A69B442, 0x28BE, 0x4991, 0x969C, 0xB500ADF5D8A8
  ;guid 9004f687-fefc-4f8f-b23a-ddd3748082e7
  out RGB24

The parts I am unsure about are:

 - Am I picking the right Guid from graphedit?
 - how to format the guid in the correct way for codecs.conf
 - What goes in 'out'?
 - Whether some extra steps are needed for DMO codecs (these seem unusual).

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Mark

--
Dr Mark Sugrue
Chief Technology Officer

Kinesense, making video evidence smarter <http://youtu.be/kGgAN6K2iy0>

Kinesense Ltd  |  www.kinesense-vca.com <http://www.kinesense-vca.com>  |
 79 Merrion Square, Dublin D02 TN27, Ireland
Ire tel: +353 (0)16 62 45 46  |  UK tel: +44 (0) 20 70 96 15 50  |  US tel:
+1 (703) 879 5904

Try Player Manager: http://www.getplayermanager.com

Send me Files: https://dbinbox.com/kinesense

----

This is a confidential communication and is intended only for the addressee
indicated in the message (or duly authorised to be responsible for the
delivery of the message to such person). You are specifically prohibited
from copying this message or delivering the same, or any part thereof, to
any other person, whomsoever or howsoever, unless you receive written
authorisation from us to do.

If you are anyone other than the intended addressee, or person duly
authorised and responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
addressee, you should destroy this message and notify us immediately.

Please note that we accept no responsibility whatsoever in the event that
this message or any other email message or any part thereof becomes known
or is communicated to anyone other than the intended recipient or other
person authorised in writing by us to receive it, howsoever arising and
disclaim all liability for any losses or damage which may be sustained by
any person as a result thereof.

Kinesense Ltd is a company registered in Ireland. Registered Office is
situated at at 79 Merrion Square, Dublin 2, Ireland. Registered number is
475397.