[MPlayer-dev-eng] New MPlayer release soon

Roberto Togni rxt at rtogni.it
Sun Sep 13 02:01:01 CEST 2015

On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 18:42:27 +0200
Ingo Brückl <ib at wupperonline.de> wrote:

> Roberto Togni wrote on Sat, 12 Sep 2015 17:55:39 +0200:
>
> > On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 16:45:50 +0200
> > Ingo Brückl <ib at wupperonline.de> wrote:
>
> >> Unfortunately, nobody has cared about the missing updates of the DOCS, the
> >> homepage skin section and the skin tarballs for 1.2 yet.
> >>
> > I'll try to do it tonight.
>
> > For the skin files, iiuc I only have to make a tar.bz of every
> > modified directory in the skins repo and name it
> > $skindirectory-$version.tar.bz where $version is the content from
> > VERSION file, right?
>
> A .tar.bz2 - basically, but yes.
>
> This all used to happen automatically. I was able (and allowed?) to change
> the homepage and every commit to the skin repository automatically created
> the tarball.
>
> The automatic update of the homepage DOCS is broken for a long time, but this
> also used to happen automatically once when committing something from the
> DOCS directory.
>
> I actually don't know what the issues are over and over again and I'm really
> tired to maintain the stuff under these conditions.

Docs and skins should be updated now.

For the docs there is no posthook and no cron job, and probably (I
haven't checked it yet) the package required to build the docs are not
installed too.

For the skins it seems to be a permission problem, the posthook is
there and is correct.

I think there are some serious permission problems on the new server; I
used to be able to write to the various public directories (like skins
and releases) as a user on the old mphq*, now I have to do it as root.
This is probably also why the commit scripts are failing.

I will try to have a look at it in the next days, but I know that there
will be another server move in the near future.

Sorry for the problems this is causing; now I have everything prepared
to do it, so just ping me when you need to update something.

Ciao,
 Roberto