[MPlayer-dev-eng] New MPlayer release soon

Roberto Togni rxt at rtogni.it
Tue Sep 8 21:33:39 CEST 2015

On Tue, 08 Sep 2015 15:05:19 +0200
Ingo Brückl <ib at wupperonline.de> wrote:

> Roberto Togni wrote on Sun, 6 Sep 2015 23:20:51 +0200:
>
> > If no objections or last minute fixes, I plan to release MPlayer [...]
>
> I never thought I would add cue file playlist support to the GUI so fast,
> but now it would be great to have this already in the 1.2 release. I've
> tested it extensively.
>
> Is it OK to add this to the 1.2 branch?

I have no problem with this.

> I currently don't know whether there is an easy way to apply all single
> patches from trunk, so - if not - is it OK to make everything one big change
> and apply it as a single patch?

I'm not aware of a way to do it in a single step.
You can merge the changes from trunk to the branch with

svn merge ^/trunk -r startrev:endrev

(you have to do it in a checkout of the branch).
You can do it multiple times if the revisions are not consecutive.

But when you will commit them, all the revisions will all appear as a
single changeset.

In my opinion you can push it in a single chunk, just add the list of
the revisions to the commit message (we have the full history in trunk).
Svn should record the merge operation anyway in the properties, but I
think that having them in the commit message is more clear.

Ciao,
 Roberto