[MPlayer-dev-eng] VAAPI/X11 video output driver

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 19:57:46 CET 2015

Andy Furniss wrote:

> There is also an issue when full screen with anamorphic. It fills the
> screen OK, but while the overlay is displayed there is a chance of
> some corruption  over the picture and depending on size of vid tested
> the overlay its self may be chopped off.

In fact saying anamorphic above is wrong, anything fullscreen that gets
scaled will do. The corruption seems to be random/old gpu mem contents
and it usualy varies with each overlay draw - eg repeatedly pressing /
or * to adjust volume will get different corruption each press.

On my 1920x1080 monitor content the same res does not have the issue.

When lower res content is displayed in initial window there is no
corruption.

I just tried making bigger the initial window and using overlay and got -

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: flip_page