[MPlayer-dev-eng] VAAPI/X11 video output driver

compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Mon Nov 23 15:22:47 CET 2015

On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 17:04:17 +0000
Mark Thompson <sw at jkqxz.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> See patch attached: apply to current trunk mplayer, configure, make
> mplayer, run with -vo vaapi on anything using recent Intel graphics
> (or something else with VAAPI, maybe).
>
> This is very much in a "works for me" state.  If it's useful to anyone
> else then they can use it as-is, and if it or some derivative is
> sensible to integrate into mplayer then that would be nice.  There are
> probably lots of edge cases I haven't considered which crash it.  It's
> also quite possible that I have broken other things with these changes
> (especially VDPAU and XvMC in the libavcodec driver).

wow, nice!

rxt also posted a patch trying to port mplayer-vaapi back to mplayer

did you see it? from october:

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2015-October/073163.html

it needs testing. apparently you are the one to ask about testing! :)

did you look at mpv's vaapi code for answers to any of your questions?
mpv is based on mplayer, although a lot of code has been changed.

https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/video/out/vo_vaapi.c

looks like mpv used the vaapi code from mplayer-vaapi project:

https://github.com/gbeauchesne/mplayer-vaapi

probably my mail isnt what you were expecting...

-compn