[MPlayer-dev-eng] gmplayer: BadShmSeg errors and GUI problems

Leonardo Taccari iamleot at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 19:56:41 CET 2015

Dear MPlayer developers,
during the process to update mplayer packages to 1.2 version in
pkgsrc (the NetBSD framework for third-party software) I have noticed
a problem with the gmplayer GUI (while mplayer without the GUI correctly
works... I am using NetBSD/amd64 -current).

The main window is correctly displayed while the window with the player
controls is empty. I can also see the following errors (with
"-msglevel all=9"):

[ws] An X11 error has occurred!
[ws]  Error code: 145 - BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)
[ws]  Request code: 139 (minor code: 3)
[ws]  MPlayer module: vo_check_events

Applying the patch attached in this email seems to fix the GUI player
controls behaviour altough now I have the following warnings (seems
harmless):

[ws] An X11 error has occurred!
[ws]  Error code: 8 - BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
[ws]  Request code: 2 (minor code: 0)
[ws]  MPlayer module: decode video

Anyone noticed this issue? Can you review the patch please?

Please let me know if you need more information!
Thank you in advance!
Ciao,
L.

PS: I am not subscribed to this ML, please add me in cc:.