[MPlayer-dev-eng] Relicensing MPlayer or parts of it to LGPL

Alex Beregszaszi alex at rtfs.hu
Wed Dec 30 00:06:46 CET 2015

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Alexander Strasser <eclipse7 <at> gmx.net> writes:
>
> > > it can be done ,it is monumental work.
> >
> >   ...it will be really really hard to achieve.
>
> No, it is just impossible for MPlayer (and all
> projects that are "based" on it).

Carl Eugen, could you put a pointer to the past conversation (a link on
gmane would suffice) which explains this in depth?  I was around mplayer-g2
times, but can't remember who was against relicensing.

Regarding myself I am happy to (re)license all my contributions to MPlayer
under LGPL 2.1.

Best,
Alex