[MPlayer-dev-eng] Bluray input with -demuxer lavf

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 00:40:14 CEST 2014

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 07:42:39PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

>>> Hmm, so it does - there is a workaround though -
>>>
>>> -cache 20000 "fixes" -demuxer lavf for me testing with an
>>> encrypted disc dumped on HD (for which I have the vuk of
>>> course).
>>
>> I think there are at least 2 bugs :(. MPlayer asks bd_seek to seek
>> to a completely nonsense position: s->pos=548000
>> newpos=7F94F8105800  new_bufpos=7F94F8106179  buflen=0 However
>> instead of either seeking to EOF or returning an error, bd_seek
>> just does nothing. The bd_seek documentation unfortunately says
>> nothing at all about what happens for errors.
>
> I fixed a good bunch of issues, hopefully all this works more
> reasonably now.

Almost, but not quite for me.

On all 3 of my disks (on HD) lavf now works without cache and seeking
works on 2 of them.

One just gets EOF when seeking with lavf with or without cache, it works
without lavf.

There are two differences from the working - it's encrypted and it's
also made up of lots of small .m2ts for multilingual reasons I guess
whereas the other 2 the main film is just one large .m2ts.