[MPlayer-dev-eng] Bluray input with -demuxer lavf

Grozdan neutrino8 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 22:26:55 CEST 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 9:55 PM, Andy Furniss <adf.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Grozdan wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Andy Furniss <adf.lists at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Hmm, so it does - there is a workaround though -
>>>
>>> -cache 20000 "fixes" -demuxer lavf for me testing with an encrypted
>>> disc dumped on HD (for which I have the vuk of course).
>>

>> Thanks! Works here too :)
>

> Good, though further testing shows that seeking is broken for me - it
> may result in ending up right at the start.
>
> The issues are also present with unencrypted disk dumps.
>
> With git libbluray + svn mplayer I don't get the issues you report
> without -demuxer lavf - it works well with or without cache - seeks are
> OK. I am playing from HD and I know the normal transport stream nits
> apply - slightly out lipsync (on the un-natural audio leading side) and
> non primary sound track often selected, both can of course be tweaked at
> runtime.

I'm mostly concerned with encoding BDs but before I do that I need to
get some info from them, hence for using lavf demuxer. Without your
workaround, both mplayer and mencoder would read the whole disc. Now
both work "as they should" :)

(yes, I know mencoder is not maintained and I'm the only user on this
planet still loving and using it :P)

Yours truly