[MPlayer-dev-eng] Bluray input with -demuxer lavf
adf.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 21:55:04 CEST 2014
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Andy Furniss <adf.lists at gmail.com>
>> Grozdan wrote:
>>> I've noticed a problem when using Blu-ray input together with
>>> demuxer lavf. The MPlayer cmd is as follows
>>> mplayer br:// -bluray-device disc.br -vo null -vc dummy -demuxer
>>> lavf -frames 1
>>> The problem is that MPlayer does not stop after reading one
>>> frame (-frames 1) but goes on to read the *full* Blu-ray, until
>>> the end. You can imagine doing this on a 30-50GB bluray input. It
>>> trashes the disk until it reaches the end of the BD
>>> The same goes if you use something simple as: mplayer br://
>>> -bluray-device disc.br -demuxer lavf
>>> I've tried to get it work but was not able to do it. The only
>>> option is to omit -demuxer lavf which then "works" but the
>>> terminal gets spammed with error messages and playback is
>>> virtually impossible!
>> Hmm, so it does - there is a workaround though -
>> -cache 20000 "fixes" -demuxer lavf for me testing with an encrypted
>> disc dumped on HD (for which I have the vuk of course).
> Thanks! Works here too :)
Good, though further testing shows that seeking is broken for me - it
may result in ending up right at the start.
The issues are also present with unencrypted disk dumps.
With git libbluray + svn mplayer I don't get the issues you report
without -demuxer lavf - it works well with or without cache - seeks are
OK. I am playing from HD and I know the normal transport stream nits
apply - slightly out lipsync (on the un-natural audio leading side) and
non primary sound track often selected, both can of course be tweaked at
More information about the MPlayer-dev-eng