[MPlayer-dev-eng] GetTimerMS overflow

Hans-Dieter Kosch hdkosch at kabelbw.de
Sun Mar 2 23:24:21 CET 2014

compn wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 18:03:44 +0100
> Jarek Czekalski <jarekczek at poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
>> I would like to know what steps do you suggest to solve these
>> problems. Should I send a patch to fix that?
>
> stop changing your clock when viewing films/tv hehe :P

I had a similar problem in my job and solved it by using setitimer(ITIMER_REAL,
...)/getitimer(ITIMER_REAL, ...) instead of gettimeofday(). However, it's a bit
tricky and it entails changing all code depending on it; but it works perfectly
(my systems are running 24/7).

If somebody is interested, I'll explain details.

Hans-Dieter