[MPlayer-dev-eng] Coverity

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Jan 20 23:14:04 CET 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 09:20:50PM +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger wrote on Mon, 20 Jan 2014 20:53:37 +0100:

> >> Website performance has normalized, but the hang persits. I don't know what
> >> jerky redirect they have to make to https://scan5.coverity.com:8443 with
> >> username and unencrypted password although you've already signed in, but it
> >> simply doesn't work. (And I won't change my browser for them.)
>
> > You don't need the redirect, it seems to use session cookies.
>
> It's an internal redirect I've discovered in the source code of the page I'm
> stuck with (https://scan.coverity.com/projects/148/view_defects).
>
> > I tested with mobile browsers and the following works:
>
> Maybe me mentioning tablets was misleading. I don't own one, nor use one. I
> was just complaining about website designs that recently spread like viruses
> and that present information in big letters and big images. Not information
> seems to be goal, but just presentation. (Or maybe I'm too old for this.)

And I mentioned it only because those are the only browsers where I can
reproduce your issue.
So your complaint is quite misplaced, it is exactly the mobile stuff
they completely broke, your browser was just unlucky, too.

> > 1) go to http://scan.coverity.com and log in
> > 2) select "view issues" for the project. Only this seems to set the
> > magic cookie
>
> Yes, it does, but hangs.
>
> > 3) Manually go to https://scan5.coverity.com:8443 (note: _must_ be
> > https)
>
> I already did this, but get "Coverity Connect, You will be redirected to Scan
> web-site." and stupidly *this* redirect works, taking me back to where I've
> started from.

It shouldn't, not once you did steps 1) and 2) (and of course made sure
not to close the browser).
This redirect happens when it misses the data that step 2) sets in your
browser.
Well, this is unless whatever browser you use is affected by yet another
issue.