[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] change restart message to information

Stephen Sheldon sfsheldo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 16:22:22 CET 2014

This patch turns the needs restart message from a warning to an
information.  While I was working on it I found an interesting feature
in the acp function (in gui/win32/gui.c).  It frees the previous string
it allocated.  This means you cannot pass more than one acp created
string to a Windows API, or you will have a use-after-free error.  On my
Windows 7 64-bit system I was consistently seeing the first 2 characters
of the message box caption as garbage, even before I changed the
caption.  I did not see this on my Windows 8.1 32-bit system.  This
patch attempts to get around the acp feature by duping the 2 strings
before passing them to MessageBox, and freeing them after.