[MPlayer-dev-eng] New redmine bugtracker - feedbacks ?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Sep 22 11:11:29 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 12:20:18AM +0200, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> > One last thing: it is possible to link bugs to the source code, usng SCM
> > subversion, but I didn't had time to configure it yet, I plan to do it as
> > soon as possible.
>
>   Actually I planned on creating a new trac-env for MPlayer on the
> server that hosts the MPlayer website. Trac is installed there already
> and so creating a new environment for MPlayer is not a big deal. There
> should be no problem with certificates either.

I took care of the certificates for FFmpeg, I can also do that for a
server at a different location.

> > So if you like it, and that it doesn't need too much load, then I can host
> > the new bugtracker on my server.
>
>   Not really sure how much load there is today regarding the bug tracker,
> but I'd guss not so much.

One somewhat thing is email notifications. I haven't yet tested if/how
that works, sorry.
Also a minor comment: It seems all bugs ended up with priority set to
"urgent". I don't care if we lose this kind of priority information from
bugzilla (we never used it), but having then misleadingly set to
just "urgent" isn't so great.

> > Any feedback is wellcome !!
>
>   Thanks for working on this. Looks nice. So at least we have one thing
> running when Moritz shuts down the services (sorry I can't remember the
> deadline ATM). I would still say hosting on the project server would
> be more desirable in the end. So let's wait for the opinion of other
> developers about this.

Sure, on the project server is nicer since it helps avoid these kind
of migrations.
But someone needs to do the work of setting it up and maintaining it,
whoever feels able to do this will get my vote.
Thanks for your efforts everyone, sorry that I am so little help.