[MPlayer-dev-eng] New stream control commands

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Nov 21 00:56:44 CET 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 09:26:40PM +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> I wrote on Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:56:19 +0100:
>
> > For TV/DVB there are no stream control commands. I'd need something like
> > STREAM_CTRL_GET_NUM_CHANNELS      (slave command "tv_channels")
> > STREAM_CTRL_GET_CURRENT_CHANNEL   (slave command "tv_channel")
>
> > For CDDA (and VCD) I'd need the currently not yet existing
> > STREAM_CTRL_GET_CURRENT_TITLE     (slave command "title")
> > (probably an alias for existing VCD's STREAM_CTRL_GET_CURRENT_CHAPTER).
>
> After having learned more about TV/DVB reception, only
>
> STREAM_CTRL_GET_CURRENT_CHANNEL   (slave command "tv_channel") returning name

I admit it gets a bit long, but maybe it should somehow
indicate that it returns a string?
Also, will there be some issues with memory (de-)allocation/ownership
handling for that string?

> STREAM_CTRL_GET_CURRENT_TITLE     (slave command "title") for CDDA and VCD

Hm, and this one is a number?
Possibly ugly and inconsistent, but I wonder if adding a _NR
to indicate that would make sense.
But either way this is kind of bikeshedding.
Also, it's only internal API anyway, so we can change it
any time, add what you think you need.