[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] step through tv/dvb channels in gtk gui

Stephen Sheldon sfsheldo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 19:49:32 CET 2013

On 11/20/2013 08:52 AM, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> Here we go. This should add (single card) TV/DVB support to the GUI.
> It should be possible to open/start using the menu, to switch back and
> forth, to see the current channel number and to switch between TV and
> other media (file, CD or such). Please test. A total number of
> channels though, and the current channel number after starting
> gmplayer dvb://3 (for example) from the command line won't work yet
> due to the lack of some stream control commands. Ingo
Here is the result when I start "mplayer -gui" and go in and select
open, play tv:

[sheldon at sfs-ath mplayer-checkout-2013-01-29]$ ./mplayer -gui
The -gui option will only work as the first command line argument.
MPlayer SVN-r36520-4.8.2 (C) 2000-2013 MPlayer Team

Playing dvb://1.

DVBIN: no such channel "1"

Failed to open dvb://1.

DVB channels do not have numbers, they have names.  They do have numbers
but the scandvb program does not put the channel numbers  in the
channels.conf file.  Actually a DVB channel can have several sub
channels, like 07-01 and 07-02.  The broadcast stations here have
several sub channels, one in HD and others in not HD.

Here are a few lines from my channels.conf file:

CRTV   :653028615:8VSB:49:52:3
AZTECA :653028615:8VSB:65:68:4
AAT TV :653028615:8VSB:81:84:5
SPORTS :653028615:8VSB:97:100:6
WEATHER:653028615:8VSB:113:116:7

You can edit, rearrange, and sort the file.  The channel name is the
first colon-delimited field.