[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] make -audio-demuxer lavf by default?

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 11:03:41 CET 2013

compn wrote:
> just curious if its time to make lavf the default audio-demuxer.
>
> maybe just when using -audiofile ?
>
> i dont know if this will break things, anyone want to put it in
> their config?

I sometimes see some "unlucky" streams that fail with default and work
with audio or lavf, but the most recent worked better with audio than
lavf because lavf knew it didn't know the format (a wavex with ambisonic
sub guid) so seeking was flakey. Of course I suppose ffmpeg could be
make to recognise the guid.

Do devs want a sample of every mis-detected stream I find?