[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] step through tv/dvb channels in gtk gui

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Nov 13 21:16:47 CET 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 06:45:04PM +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> Stephen Sheldon wrote on Mon, 11 Nov 2013 09:34:03 -0800:
>
> > Attached is a patch to step through TV and DVB channels in the GTK GUI.
>
> I'm not happy with (nothing but prev/next) handling a stream type the GUI
> can't initiate (open/play) by itself, so I'd like to check where these stream
> types have to be considered elsewhere first. Will take some time though.
>
> Unfortunately I can't test so I'll ask you to do so. (If there's someone who
> could check with the TV part please speak now...)

There is no analog TV being broadcasted anywhere close (if anywhere at
all?). The only thing producing an analog TV signal I can think of is
actually my father's C64 and I'm not sure it still works.
Though a good bit of the code involved could be tested if we could get
DVB to work via tvi_dshow...
However for my device I couldn't even find a working driver (Windows
finds a driver for, but it doesn't actually work).
Not to mention that the only way the reception is good enough is if
I hold the antenna in my hand at a very specific angle. Not a
comfortable way to code...