[MPlayer-dev-eng] va-api support

Dan Oscarsson Dan.Oscarsson at tieto.com
Thu May 16 13:49:50 CEST 2013

tor 2013-05-16 klockan 07:09 -0400 skrev compn:

> On Thu, 16 May 2013 07:38:24 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> >> I remember that the patch has been sent long ago, but nobody reviewed it
> >> yet.
> >
> >Maybe there were multiple occasions, but I am quite convinced it reviewed it once and there it stopped.
>
> so is the api still the only blocker for merging this?

I can't remember what was said then.

I looked at the patch then, and at the vaapi->vdpau plugin used in vlc,
and I would have preferred to create a libvdpau_vaapi.so that aadapted
vaapi to vdpau so we could use current vdpau vo. The most important
thing missing in vaapi is presentation queue handling, but that you can
implement with opengl (which I think is already used with vaaapi) and
some code.

If I remember correctly the patch changed things related to the calling
of vo vdpau, so that may break some things.

   Dan