[MPlayer-dev-eng] Smeared video with screenshot and unsharp filter

wm4 nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 28 02:14:38 CET 2013

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 01:44:39 +0100
Ingo Brückl <ib at wupperonline.de> wrote:

> > and live with FFmpeg getting slower and slower due to more and more
> > optimizations being removed/broken
>
> Deoptimization? A weird development path.

For LAV Filters (using ffmpeg via DirectShow), the switch to refcounted
buffers was reported to give a 10% performance boost.

Did MPlayer direct rendering even work at any point with h264? I know
it has been enabled and disabled multiple times. And that was when
ffmpeg DR was working perfectly fine. I have trouble understanding what
was supposedly broken in ffmpeg.