[MPlayer-dev-eng] internal libmpeg2 status (and necessity), Linux 2.4 drivers

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Thu Mar 21 19:16:12 CET 2013

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 17:10:13 +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>Somebody remind me why we still keep a forked copy of libmpeg2 around.
>It's not default and the external one works just fine.  We finally got
>rid of tremor and mp3lib; libmpeg2 should be next to go IMO.
>
>Also, what's with the stuff below drivers/ - the 90s called, they want
>their kernel back :).  I don't think anybody still has a use for that,
>let's kill it.

were we still waiting for someone to come in and re-merge all libmpeg2
back upstream like what happened with mpg123 ?

can you still build ffmpeg against libmpeg2 ? no.

mine are not very good reasons...

what about spinning it off into a seperate svn repo so it may live on
as a seperate lib? just set it to disabled in configure, but move
libmpeg2/ out. if people want it, its a simple svn co and
--enable-libmpeg2 to get it.

-compn