[MPlayer-dev-eng] locale in GUI

Hans-Dieter Kosch hdkosch at kabelbw.de
Wed Mar 13 01:03:06 CET 2013

Ingo Brückl wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger wrote on Tue, 12 Mar 2013 20:38:45 +0100:
>
>> Attached is a proof-of-concept.
>
> If mixed (also falsely stated) encodings is a request, I'll implement it, but
> in order to see the filenames readably you still have to set some environment
> variables almost nobody knows about using arbitrary rules.

Mixed encodings are really ugly, but they may happen...
My G_FILENAME_ENCODING came from my SuSE distribution, I never payed attention.

Attached a first idea to cope with the environment:
If we find UTF8 in the env (LC_ALL, LANG), unset G_FILENAME_ENCODING.
Otherwise, remove '@locale' in the first place (relevant for file names),
hopefully the rest is useful.
Verified on my system to be working.

Hans-Dieter