[MPlayer-dev-eng] Linker error with last svn

Vicente Sendra visenri at yahoo.es
Sun Mar 10 23:30:06 CET 2013

--- El dom, 10/3/13, Ivan Kalvachev <ikalvachev at gmail.com> escribió:

> De: Ivan Kalvachev <ikalvachev at gmail.com>
> Asunto: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Linker error with last svn
> Para: mplayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq.hu
> Fecha: domingo, 10 de marzo, 2013 14:58
> On 3/10/13, Vicente Sendra <visenri at yahoo.es>
> wrote:
> >
> > With the new script, when "$_mng" == yes (forced by
> --enable-mng), $mnglibs
> > is not initialized and results in a linker error
> because "-lmng -lz" is not
> > added to extra_ldflags, an small patch solves the
> problem retaining old
> > behavior in this case.
> >

> You were already told to don't use --enable- for stuff that
> is autodetected.
> It is equivalent of  --force-  and it would skip
> the library detection.
>
> Remove the --enable-mng and see if it detects it properly.

Sorry, i'll explain it better:

Without the option --enable-mng, if paths are set ok for gcc, libraries are autodetected, i tested it with current svn, and it detects library without problems.

The problem is, that, even using this option (--enable-mng) worked ok with previous versions of the script (as in r35196), it skipped autodetection but added the library to extra_ldflags and set CONFIG_MNG. New version sets CONFIG_MNG, but adds no library to extra_ldflags. The result is a linker error.

The patch I sent fixes just the case that does not work with current svn, it makes no change to autodetection, just fixes the problem with forcing --enable-mng, that worked on previous versions.