[MPlayer-dev-eng] libdvdcss update

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 21:24:12 CET 2013

On 2/19/13, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:56:51PM -0500, Josh wrote:
>> On 2/18/2013 10:11, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> >libdvdcss upstream has seen a number of changes from flameeyes, j-b and
>> >myself.  I'd like to pull these into our local libdvdcss copy to afford
>> >them more widespread testing.
>>
>> I have the libdvdcss from git in my build and and as far as building
>> I need the broken mkdir hack "#define mkdir(a, b) _mkdir(a)" under
>> MinGW, since the configure script doesn't define 'HAVE_BROKEN_MKDIR'
>> I modified the preprocessor command so it'd compile in-tree.
>
> Yes, some build system updates will be required.

More than 2 weeks have passed and there is not any progress towards
merging the changes from upstream libdvdcss.

The OS/2 build have been left broken for over 2 months and nobody have
done anything to fix it.

This is why I committed Dave Yeo's patch that was approved by the
current libdvdcss maintainer. Even if that patch is ugly and
suboptimal and even it if it is not in the final release, at least it
fixes the build.

I find it inexcusable to break MPlayer and keep it broken for such
long period. It's not only lack of time... but actively obstructing
other people from fixing it.

Anyway, if somebody wants proper fix, hurry up and merge the latest libdvdcss.