[MPlayer-dev-eng] Scaling in libvo

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Jun 6 08:17:10 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 02:20:30PM -0600, Kyle Mallory wrote:
> What would be the most efficient way to scale the frame to my size?
> I know I can setup a swsContext and call the swscale library
> directly, but I wonder if its possible to make callbacks into the
> core of mplayer to tell it to scale before handing me the frame.

It probably shouldn't go back to the core, since with filter chains
the start size does not necessarily influence the size of the VO.
A long time ago I did a half-working implementation but I am afraid the
patch got lost.
The idea was I believe that a special vf_scale would be inserted which
via VFCTRL/VOCTRL then queried the dimensions it should scale to.
If you want to design and implement something like this, make sure it
is flexible enough to work with vo_x11 and resizing the window.