[MPlayer-dev-eng] Flickering video when resizing

Hans-Dieter Kosch hdkosch at kabelbw.de
Thu Jan 17 01:50:26 CET 2013

Ingo Brückl wrote:
> Nicolas George wrote on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 23:11:18 +0100:
>
>> Le septidi 27 nivôse, an CCXXI, Ingo Brückl a écrit :
>>> Yes, you seem to be right. After setting the background of the GUI created
>>> video window to fixed red, I get red flickering.
>
>> Can you not set the background color at all? The usual behaviour in that
>> case is not to refresh the window at all.
>
> I'm not sure whether I got you, but after commenting out all X background
> stuff, the flickering disappeared.
>
> I now have to figure out whether it is possible to switch off X window
> background attributes during playback, because I need it otherwise for the
> video window without playback.

Xlib Manual can be found on http://www.tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/

Maybe, you can set the background of the GUI window to 'transparent' (no defined
background) during playing by

XSetWindowBackgroundPixmap(display, window, None)
( http://www.tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/window/XSetWindowBackgroundPixmap.html )

and reset after playing to defined color by

XSetWindowBackground(display, window, background_pixel_color)
( http://www.tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/window/XSetWindowBackground.html )

Hope this could be helpful...

Hans-Dieter