[MPlayer-dev-eng] how to enable hardware acceleration video decoding based on stagefright of android ?

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Mon Jan 14 14:23:18 CET 2013

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 00:56:21 +0800, lean fu wrote:
>thanks,but my mobile phone system haven't  etc/codecs.conf .could you tell
>me how i can config built in codecs-conf  to add libstagefright_h264 for
>h264 decoding ?

if anyone wanted to do this, i think you
need to add this to mplayer/etc/codecs.conf before compiling:

videocodec ffh264stage
  info "FFmpeg H.264 (stagefright)"
  status working
  fourcc H264,h264
  fourcc X264,x264
  fourcc avc1,AVC1
  fourcc davc,DAVC
  fourcc ai1p,ai1q,ai12,ai13
  fourcc ai15,ai16
  fourcc ai5p,ai5q,ai52,ai53
  fourcc ai55,ai56
  fourcc x3eV
  fourcc Q264,V264
  format 0x10000005
  driver ffmpeg
  dll "libstagefright_h264"
  out YUY2,YV12

let me know if it works, and it will be added to mplayer.
i have two android devices, maybe i should install some dev env and
test out mplayer...

-compn