[MPlayer-dev-eng] statistics about received H264 NAL units

Ottavio Campana o.campana at videotec.com
Tue Feb 5 09:31:49 CET 2013

Hello,

I tried studying the mplayer documentation, but I was not able to find an answer to my question.

I'd like to use mplayer to have a realtime statistic of the received NAL units of a received H.264 RTP stream. Is it possibile not to play video (using vo null) but just to have an output that for each received NAL unit signals if it was correctly decoded or not?

That would be awesome, because I'd be able to launch mpayer with a pipe and evaluate all the statistics I need.

Thank you for your help

Ottavio