[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer bug tracker migration

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sun Dec 22 23:22:05 CET 2013

On 2013-12-22 20:42 +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> everything seems to be working fine.

  Good to hear.

> Alexander Strasser wrote on Fri, 20 Dec 2013 00:03:30 +0100:

> >> Actually, everywhere. Since trac is a wiki there are these dates all over
> >> the place (tickets, timeline, roadmap, search/filter by date ...)
> >>
> >> There should be a global config option.
>
> >   Fair enough! Would it be OK if I tell you to open a ticket about
> > this as soon as Trac is running?
>
> This can be customized by the user within his personal preferences.

  Ah that's nice. I can look if defaults can be changed but I guess
it isn't that important anymore.

> >> That's OK with me.
>
> BTW, are the currently existing pages (as seen on the title index, Trac* and
> Wiki*) somehow protected or can they be changed by logged in users? (I didn't
> want to try out, but these "trac system" pages should probably be read only.)

  They actually are editable. Making them read-only would make sense but
it would also complicate the linking to the actual content pages.

  Maybe creating a Table of Contents page that is linked from the start
page would be a solution.

  Or the solution is having enough eyeballs watching changes to the wiki.
In such open systems there is always a risk for abuse, that's for sure.

  Though I was thinking about the main wiki page and I realized now that
you were probably thinking about the included Trac docs. Not sure about
them.

> I suggest a MPlayer* and GUI* namespace as a starter.

  Why not.

  Start creating pages and see how it works out.

  Alexander