[MPlayer-dev-eng] libdvdread4 messed up with libdvdcss

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Apr 28 13:17:02 CEST 2013

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

>On 28/04/13 04:40, Zongyao Qu wrote:
>> I downloaded libdvdread from
>> http://git.videolan.org/?p=libdvdread.git;a=summary
>>
>> It seems libdvdcss has deleted some deprecated stuff in
>dvdcss/dvdcss.h,
>> precisely
>> ​the definitions of ​
>> dvdcss_interface_2
>> ​ and dvdcss_handle
>>
>> but dvd_input.c in libdvdread4 ​is still using it.
>
>I fixed that in the obsolete mplayerhq version, but not in the videolan
>
>fork.  I'll try to find a moment to port my patches to the new tree.

So far the mplayerhq one is still the official one and not obsolete. The fork maintainers have refused to make their forks the official one, they refuse to merge their changes despite having commit access, they complain about how SVN is maintained even though they maintain it as much as anyone else.
I don't know who started this shit, but it sure is about maximally messed up.