[MPlayer-dev-eng] Current list of ID3v1 genres

Thomas Orgis thomas-forum at orgis.org
Sun Apr 21 18:35:43 CEST 2013

Am Sun, 21 Apr 2013 09:18:21 -0700 (PDT)
schrieb Mats Peterson <matsp888 at yahoo.com>:

> I've done a bit of "reverse engineering" of Winamp 5.6 in order to get the most current list of ID3v1 genres. The genre names are spelled exactly as in Winamp. In case you're interested, you will find it at http://alicja.dyns.cx/~mats/text/Music/MP3/ID3/Genres.txt.

Hey, I wasn't really aware of ID3v1 genres still being extended, instead of just writing stuff into the TCON id3v2 frame.

One might want to add these to http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_ID3v1-Genres ... or is there a specific reason against this? I suppose this list can reasonably considered to be "public domain"?

Alrighty then,

Thomas